Auto mains failure panels, also known as AMF panels, are used to automatically changeover from mains electricity supply to stand-by generator or genset on failure of the mains supply. When the mains supply is restored, the system automatically changes back and stops the genset. The stand-by generator will be eventually shut down after a short cooling down period.
- These panels are provided with mechanically or electrically interlocked pole contactors or MCCBs. They are either installed on a wall or in a free standing outdoor cabinet with cable. The entry and exit takes place through the base through detachable aluminium gland plates.
- Connection could be either hard wired or by means of single pole or multi-pin connectors.
- The panel have a circuit, which is so constituted so as to send a start signal to the generator in case of failure of the mains supply.
- Provided with a phase sequence relay that makes it sure that the generator supply has the accurate phase rotation.
- These panels changes source current only after a preset time delay. This provides sufficient time to the generator to start prior to taking the load.
- The panel is also equipped with a manual over-ride control.
AMF panels can be relay operated or PLC operated and elective features like auto start, auto changeover, no break change over, etc. are also available.
Uses & Applications
AMF panels are widely used in various fields. Some of its popular application areas include:
- Processing plants
- Engineering units